ARtemisia – CV
Author, Performer, Composer, Actor, Lecturer, Consultant
Books written by ARtemisia
1. Sex and the Single Aspie (Jessica Kingsley 2018–May 21)
2. Dying Star (as yet unpublished)
Books by Rudy Simone and Awards received
3. Aspergirls: Empowering Females with Asperger Syndrome (Jessica Kingsley 2010) Winner: TheIndependent Publishers Gold Medal and ForeWord Review’s Book of the Year – Honorable mention. Foreword by Liane Holliday Willey
4. The A-Z of ASDs: Aunt Aspie’s Guide to Life (Jessica Kingsley 2016). Foreword by Stephen Shore
5. Asperger’s on the Job: Must-have Advice (Future Horizons 2010) Winner: ForeWord Review’s Book of the Year – Gold Medal. Foreword by Temple Grandin
6. 22 Things a Woman Must Know If She Loves a Man With Asperger Syndrome (Jessica Kingsley 2009)
7. 22 Things a Woman with Aspergers Wants her Partner to Know (Jessica Kingsley 2012) Winner: Living Now Book Awards Silver Medal. Foreword by Tony Attwood
ARtemisia’s books are available in a variety of languages, including French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Polish, Dutch, Danish, Greek and Spanish.
Websites and Organisations
www.Help4Aspergers.com is one of the top resources in the world and contains the first “Table of Female AS Traits” created by ARtemisia and now widely used by doctors everywhere to help identify AS in women and girls. She also owns www.artemisia.space a site for her music and related endeavors.
The International Aspergirl® Society www.AspergirlSociety.org is her newest endeavor as of May 2016. Their mission is to bring women on the autism spectrum together for mutual empowerment, understanding, education, networking and support. Their methods include: Events by and for spectrum women around the world (open to general public), and Membership (exclusive to spectrum women, with benefits including Skype consultations, videochat groups, monthly video messages, networking and more.
ARtemisia gives Presentations for professional and personal development. She has lectured in the following places:
EUROPE: Paris, France; Berlin, Germany; Rome, Italy; Athens, Greece; Zurich, Switzerland
UK: London, Harrogate, Manchester, Newcastle, Scarborough, Scotland, Belfast, Keighley and Worth Valley, Sheffield, Scarborough, St Boswells, Worcester
US: New Orleans, LA, Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, San Francisco and Marin, CA; Jackson, MS; NYC, Long Island, Buffalo, Rochester, NY; Bozeman, Great Falls, Missoula, MT and Tulsa, OK.
CANADA: Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg
AUSTRALIA: Melbourne, Brisbane, Mackay, Albury/Wodonga, Perth, Launceston, Ballarat, Burwood, Sydney, Adelaide, Warrnambool
NEW ZEALAND: Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington
KOREA: 13th annual World Knowledge Forum 2012 in Seoul
Webinars / Lectures / Keynote Speeches / Professional Development Workshops
Subjects: Employment, Creativity, Relationships, Sensory Issues and Management, Understanding AS.
Music and Plays
ARtemisia is also a composer, musician, recording artist and engineer, actor and playwright. She has released three albums as Rudy Simone (Gothic Blues, Thief of Dreams and Penny Dreadful) and performs regularly. American by birth, she has lived in many countries and currently resides in Athens, Rome and NY. Her play Dying Star, a one-woman show featuring her music and script premiered in Athens on September 22, 2017 and will be further developed into a full-length spectacle.
Interviews and Press
Several major publications including Vice Magazine, the New York Times, the London Sunday Times, the Daily Mail, AERA(Japan) and Time Magazine have interviewed ARtemisia or written about her work.